Samba - how to put into domain and authenticate (once again)

Grosswiler Roger roger at gwch.net
Thu Dec 11 08:25:01 UTC 2003

hi nalin,

unfortunately not @home, but trying things out asap. Have once again
inserted the line in pam.d/system-auth. was wondering, as de manual for
winbind says to make one more entry for 'accout' but i left this out to
make sure not making inaccessible my server ;-)

I did this all now on my server. i'll try to login directly on my server.
if this works, i will also implement it on the client. What still confuses
me, is that usually i thought winbind should just run on the server having
smb up and running, not on the clients.

btw. i run FC1 and Samba 3.0

Cheers and many thanks,
Roger