gnumeric does not render images after save

Filippo Rusconi listes.rusconi at laposte.net
Thu Dec 11 12:10:08 UTC 2003

Hello,

while using the gnumeric program in Fedora Core 1, I have observed
something that I cannot explain:

I create a brand new document, insert some pictures (png files from
disk), then save that document.

When I reopen that same document it reloads the contents and
formatting of the text and places some weird frames where the images
used to be. Those frames however do no contain the initial images, but
do contain an image made of a number of colored interrogations marks.

If I load that same file from a gnumeric process launched from the
console, I get the following errors:

(gnumeric:20954): GdkPixbuf-CRITICAL **:  \
file gdk-pixbuf-loader.c: line 424 \
(gdk_pixbuf_loader_write): assertion `buf != NULL' failed

** (gnumeric:20954): WARNING **: Unable to display image

I do understand that there must be something not working properly in
the graphics rendering code. Has anybody encountered that kind of
error?

Thanks for any help,

Filippo