LDAPS authentication

Pedro Fernandes Macedo webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br
Thu Dec 11 12:46:22 UTC 2003

I'm trying to do LDAPS authentication on fedora. The server is running redhat 9 and running openldap. All the current clients (suse) can authenticate using LDAPS but I'm unable to configure fedora to use TLS , only plain LDAP...  (the redhat 9 clients could authenticate using LDAPS, but I've upgraded them to fedora..). The certificate we're using is self-signed btw.

If I try ldapsearch -H ldaps://ldaps.mydomain -x , I get
~->ldapsearch -H ldaps://ldaps.mydomain -x
ldap_bind: Can't contact LDAP server (81)
        additional info: error:14090086:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_SERVER_CERTIFICATE:certificate verify failed
~->

If I use ldapsearch -h ldaps://ldaps.mydomain.com -x , I can list all users. Right now I'm authenticating using plain LDAP , but I need to figure out how to use TLS on fedora , so we can replace NIS in my work.. Any ideas?

Pedro Fernandes Macedo
webmaster at margo.bijoux.nom.br