determine the amout of video ram

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Thu Dec 11 20:06:32 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 13:04, Yohann Desquerre wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I had a i845GL video chipset ....and when i was MS i saw that there is
> 64Mo on it.

Actually it shares system memory. You can set the amount in bios.

> Under FC1(Or other linux distro), i can't have 1152x864 as under MS.
>

> So i wonder how many videoram the system use !!!

This will have nothing to do with your videoram amount. It has to do
with the mode lines for your video card and monitor. Do you have the
correct monitor settings?

> Is there a line command for that ???? or a way to see it under X????

Your xfree86.0.log file should have this info. But it will be the same
as under windows unless you adjusted the size in bios.
Mark Lane, CET	mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd.	http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771 	F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--