raid controller recommendation

Jesse Keating jkeating at j2solutions.net
Fri Dec 12 00:20:07 UTC 2003

On Thursday 11 December 2003 16:17, Jesse Keating wrote:
> I beg to differ.  The aic79xx drivers have been in somewhat of a
> drift, either due to work being done on them at adaptec that isn't
> making it upstream or what, I don't know, but the quality seems to
> have gone a lot downhill.  The megaraid drivers however have gotten
> quite nice as of late.  They're about the only u320 solution we'll
> look at these days.

D'oh, sorry I think we're both thinking in different directions.  I was
talking about SCSI Raid, you seemed to be talking about just SCSI.  The
adaptec RAID drivers are what seem to be on a drift, not the generic
SCSI drivers.  Sorry for the confusion.

--
Jesse Keating RHCE MCSE (geek.j2solutions.net)
Fedora Legacy Team      (www.fedora.us/wiki/FedoraLegacy)

Was I helpful?  Let others know: