Question About Fedora Update Notifications

Tom Mitchell mitch48 at sbcglobal.net
Fri Dec 12 01:20:07 UTC 2003

On Thu, 11 Dec 2003, Phil Knirsch wrote:
> Name        : net-snmp
> Summary     : A collection of SNMP protocol tools and libraries.

Sort of a general question.

When up2date/yum runs it is possible to click and view advisory
messages associated with some updates involving data corruption
or security flaws.

Where is that information kept and can it be downloaded at the
same time?  We have an option to save both the update rpm and the
src.rpm but I know of no simple way to save and archive the
advisory at the same time.  By chance is this in the rpm header
and I missed it?

These would be useful for any site admin that is maintaining a
recommended/required update repository at or for a site.

--
	T o m  M i t c h e l l
	mitch48 -a*t- yahoo-dot-com