RPM build problem.

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Fri Dec 12 06:36:26 UTC 2003

Hello all.

I'm building binary RPMS on a Fedora box and then using them on a
Solaris box. Problem is during the RPM build phase a 'strip' ( or
something I'm not sure yet ) is destroying the binary files.

Don't know if this is the best place to ask but fedora users are a smart
bunch.

On my box : file appname
appname: ELF 32-bit MSB executable, SPARC, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically
linked (uses shared libs), stripped

After the rpm build, and install my binaries are now buggered :

appname: ELF 32-bit MSB executable unknown machine Version 1,
dynamically linked, stripped

Any ideas?