SCSI ncr53c8xx device

Robert G. (Doc) Savage dsavage at peaknet.net
Fri Dec 12 09:02:09 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 22:11, Chris Sparks wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have the above mentioned SCSI controller and Fedora 1 doesn't seem to
> recognize it.  Has anyone had any success
> in getting older SCSI cards to be recognized?

I have a PCIN card from Corporate Systems Center that uses that chipset.
Fedora detected it correctly in a clean install:

# cat /etc/resolv.conf | grep 53c
alias scsi_hostadapter ncr53c8xx

# lspci | grep 53c
08:00.0 Non-VGA unclassified device: LSI Logic / Symbios Logic 53c810 (rev 01)

# cat /proc/scsi/ncr53c8xx/0
  Chip NCR53C810, device id 0x1, revision id 0x1
  On PCI bus 8, device 0, function 0, IRQ 11
  Synchronous period factor 25, max commands per lun 32

If yours is not detected, try moving it to a different PCI slot.

HTH...

--Doc Savage
  Fairview Heights, IL