Kernel and Resierfs - system stopped booting after updating kernel to latest version

Vijay gill vj at vijayg.homelinux.net
Fri Dec 12 09:47:41 UTC 2003

Hi,
    I installed Fedora C1 on my machine on reiserfs partition hda3(I have another working FC1 partition on hda1 using which I formatted hda3 to reiserfs). All went well untill I updated the kernel to version 2.4.22-1.2129.nptl from the default which get installed initially. After that I started getting error for reiserfs not supported error from the kernel and system did not boot at all. Is there any solution for this update to work properly, i.e. system will not be rendered unbootable after such operations?

Regards from
VJ