2 newbie questions.

Chris C. Skaryd CSkaryd at TheOPALGroup.com
Fri Dec 12 14:20:46 UTC 2003

In case any other newbies are interested, I found an answer to #2 below
(after a lot of googling):

Create a file in your home directory called .Xmodmap and fill with the
following:

keycode 115 = F13
keycode 116 = F14
keycode 117 = F15

Edit /etc/X11/XF86Config and look for Keyboard0.  Make the following
changes:

Option "XkbModel" "microsoft"
Option "XkbLayout" "us_intl"

Log out and then back in.  From the main menu, select Preferences,
Keyboard Shortcuts.  Select "Show the panel menu" and then click the
Windows Key.  You should see F13 in the Shortcut column.

If anyone has any ideas on how to turn tap-to-click off I'd really like
to hear it.