x86-64 and FC1

Pete pete at putzin.net
Fri Dec 12 17:05:14 UTC 2003

Has anyone tried to get this running on an Asus K8V? I downloaded the x86-64
tree from duke (thanks to those who did this, the effort is much
appreciated), which was easy enough, but unfortunately, I have two SATA
drives in ATA mode (no need for raid on my desktop), which the default kernel
doesn't see. I really think I have two options here, one is to wait for a
kernel to be created that has the Promise driver and is included as an
update, or to hack it a bit. I tried the second option by taking my currently
installed Mandrake kernel and using that to boot the iso with. Now, I just
need some help to figure out what to pass for the init= kernel param. I think
this solution might actually work (until it doesn't or someone tells me
otherwise). Any other pointers or "I did this and it worked" would also be
very nice. Thanks in advance.

Pete Buelow