driver disk for Initio (SIIG) SCSI board

Antonio Querubin tony at lava.net
Fri Dec 12 19:24:20 UTC 2003

I have an Initio 9x00 based (made by SIIG) SCSI board which is recognized
by a Redhat 9 installation CD but not the Fedora installation CD.  Redhat
9 installs an initio.o module.  While Fedora lists the same module in the
/lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2129.nptl/unsupported/drivers/scsi/initio.o it
doesn't seem to be part of the install process.  As a result the Fedora
install never sees my SCSI hard drive so I can't install it.  How does one
create a 'driver disk' that can be used to include the initio driver
during the installation process?