x86-64 and FC1

Samuel Flory sflory at rackable.com
Fri Dec 12 22:08:24 UTC 2003

Gareth Bult wrote:

> If you compile 2.6-test11 with SATA inline (it seems to be less happy as
> a module (!)) then
> this works fine on FC1. (the problem you have is getting to a point
> where you can compile it)
>
> Once I've finished messing around I'll see if I can produce a native
> boot.iso for the ASUS boards
> with working SATA and a 2.6 kernel ...

   2.4.23 works just fine with the latest libata patch applied.  If
anyone wants it I can email, off list, a 2.4.23 that works with promise
sata controllers.  It should be enough to get someone up and running
well enough to compile a 2.4.23 /w the libata patches.

--
There is no such thing as obsolete hardware.
Merely hardware that other people don't want.