Training SpamAssassin

Exile In Paradise exile at weylan-yutani.com
Sat Dec 13 23:44:51 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-13 at 17:22, Neil Hodge wrote:
> EIP, All:
> A quick note: filters for things that can be absolutely determined
> (e.g., mails with "fedora-list at redhat.com" in the from field) should
> always have a "stop processing" directive, lest your mail list mails go
> through SA.  Actually, I would guess this is typically ok, but when you
> are just starting to train SA, this can be a hassle.  Plus, it is
> unnecessary if the email can be _definitely_ determined to be ok.

You are correct.
Also, the spam-assassin rule is usually the last... use other rules
ahead of the SA rule to pick off the mailing list and friends/family
mail first, unless they are in the habit of sending you spam ;)

Each rule ahead of the SA rule should have stop-processing just from a
performance standpoint... why keep spinning the cpu wheels when you
already know what the final disposition of the mail should be?

Yes, thanks for specifically bringing this up for people less used to
how Evolution processes.

<snip>
> I helped me enough to put SA back on my machine and get it working (I
> was having problems with it the last time I tried).  Thanks!
> Looking forward to a spam-free future,

Cool!
--
Exile In Paradise
Some people around here wouldn't recognize subtlety if it hit them on the head.