ALSA-driver with FC1 kernel

Andre Costa acosta at ar.microlink.com.br
Sun Dec 14 12:45:53 UTC 2003

Hi Florin,

you won the prize: after putting these instructions on the .spec file I
was finally able to load snd-intel8x0 module, and sound is playing
great =) It even solved my 'flash player sound is jerky' problem!

RedHat people: is this really supposed to happen? Should integration of
Fedora kernels with ALSA driver be seamless?

Thank you very much.

Best,

Andre

On 12 Dec 2003 20:39:36 -0800
Florin Andrei <florin at andrei.myip.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 20:02, Florin Andrei wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-12-12 at 13:32, Andre Costa wrote:
>
> > > # modprobe snd-intel8x0
> > > /lib/modules/2.4.22-1.2129.nptlcustom/kernel/sound/snd.o:
> > > unresolved symbol schedule_work
> >
> > I have the same issue with Red Hat 9
>
> ...actually with the latest RH9 kernel update (2.4.20-24.9).
>
> But i was able to solve it - after running ./configure i manually did
> this in the alsa-driver-1.0.0rc2 directory:
>
> mkdir -p include/linux
> touch include/linux/workqueue.h
>
> Then "make; make install" and all was fine.
>
> The cause: normally ./configure tries to identify if it's a RH kernel
> and, if it is, it does the "mkdir -p; touch" trick itself. For some
> reason, with the latest RH9 kernel update, the RH kernel detection
> fails. Then you have to manually run those two commands.
>
> --
> Florin Andrei
>
> http://florin.myip.org/
>

> --