openoffice fonts unreadable

Jose M Vidal jmvidal at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 14 20:07:04 UTC 2003

The problem was that the installer set incorrect values for the
displaysize of my monitor. The correct info (from XF86Config) is:

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier   "Monitor"
	VendorName   "Unknown"
	ModelName    "Gateway Vivitron 17"
#	DisplaySize  330 165 <- Incorrect value
	DisplaySize  330 240
	HorizSync    31.5 - 64.0
	VertRefresh  50.0 - 120.0
	Option	    "dpms"