was unsubscibe, now development 2.6 kernel

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Sun Dec 14 22:13:48 UTC 2003

Rob Park wrote:

> Jim Cornette wrote:
>
>> I've seen the missing footer problem with another mailing list.
>

> It was a MIME & HTML message; the unsubscribe info was tacked on to
> the end, but you don't see it because it wasn't embedded into the
> HTML, which is what is being displayed. Do a "view message source" in
> your mailer and you'll see what I mean.

I never thought about it being there but not displayed. Thanks for the info.

Now, about the new 2.6 test kerel that is avalable through the
development channel. I installed it on this machine without much
trouble. All I loas is mouse scrolling and clicking on the touchpad to
act as a click.

On my desktop though. I am prompted with this message after giving my
user name and password. The 2.4 kernel works fine on this machine. Now
for the error.

login:user
password:xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Now a question apears on the screen which asks the below.
Would you like to enter a security context (Y)

next appears the below:
role:
followed by the next line.
type:

I am at a loss as to where this requirement came from This is in runlevel 3.
If I go into runlevel 5, I get the gdm manager up, but an error that I
was logged out within 10 seconds. This happens on kde, gnome and
failsafe modes.

Any ideas?

Jim