nfs problem

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Mon Dec 15 03:48:32 UTC 2003

On Sun, 2003-12-14 at 20:54, Craig Tinson wrote:
> guys.. hope someone can point me in the right direction here..
>
> I have a rh9 server co-located at my isp.. I want to export the web
> root.. I have:
>
> -----------------------
> /var/www/       <my ip>/255.255.255.0(no_root_squash,rw)

    One more note...to enable it for writing, you'll need to enter each,
writeable IP address.  It's not obvious in the manual, but NFS doesn't
allow wildcard matches to write...ever. (Unless they've changed it
recently).

    Export it like /var/www ip-address options

    ...and restart nfs; that should do it.

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.