I think fedora needs...

Warren Togami warren at togami.com
Mon Dec 15 10:14:00 UTC 2003

Thierry Sayegh wrote:
>>ever heard about eMule or Xmule ?
>>the latest i have tracked is: xmule-1.6.1.tar.bz2 (dunnow if in the
>>meanwhile someone did a FC rpm like MDK or SuSE one's)

IIRC the author of xmule was taken down when some entity invoked the
DMCA, and he is currently in a lot of legal trouble.  I read this off of
some blog somewhere so I don't know much about the accuracy of this nor
the current status.

IANAL, but I believe it would be a lot easier to make a clear case that
bittorrent is used primarily by our community for distributing
legitimate content like ISO images.  It would be a lot less easy to show
that those other P2P clients are exist primarily for legitimate uses.  I
recall hearing the phrase "intent matters" often on these lists, and I
believe that would apply in this case.

Warren