analyzing kernel Oops

Marcel Janssen korgull at home.nl
Mon Dec 15 18:41:43 UTC 2003

Hi,

Ever since I installed fedora on my new system I haven't been able to get it
to run stable. I keep on having systems freezes no matter what I tried so
far.
A log of this can be seen here :

http://members.home.nl/mphm.janssen/files/kernel-oops.txt

When looking at that, it seems like several different processes cause these
oops and I suspect this is not really caused by fedora's kernel but some
hardware related issue. The problem is that I have a hard time finding
anything wrong with it.

Could someone shed some light on this log for me and give me some advice on
how to find the real cause ? ( got the feeling it's related to networking,
but not sure as I already switched between other network adapters and still
get the same problems).

My system :
AMD 2500 barton CPU
512MB RAM
Asus A7V600 Mobo (onboard LAN and audio not used)
dxr3 card for video playback
IEEE-1394 card
Matrox millenium II for normal VGA display (old PCI card, but enough for my
needs)
RTL 8139 Ethernet 100Mb/s (internal LAN)
Tulip Ethernet 10Mb/s (internet connection)
80GB maxtor disk
DVD ROM

Regards,
Marcel Janssen