KM18G pro or other nForce 2 based boards

Kurt Fleschner kfleschner at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 15 18:44:58 UTC 2003

I have a Albatron KM18G pro that I've been trying to load FC1 onto. Problem is that the kernel stops at the "loading kernel parameters". Cntl-C breaks the stall, but the messages then go on problems with writing to the disk, setting loopback, and it stalls completely when trying to sync the clocks. I've read on other boards that the nForce 2 based boards (like the one I have) have issues with both north and south bridges (hence the problems with the IDE controller spitting back lines about not running 100% native or something), but not too much on what to do if your trying to install a distro on one and can't boot. If anyone has had similar issues, or can point me in the direction, I'd be very happy. Thanks.
Kurt