FC1 Hanging on install

Harry Moyes harry at shoka.net
Mon Dec 15 22:57:11 UTC 2003

On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 21:17, M.Hockings wrote:

> Well, at least I'm not alone at this.  I have found that RH8 installer
> runs just fine.  It's still not apparent to me why FC1 is stopping,
> there are no errors issued (that I can see).

Quote from my earlier post. I took a photo of the screen at the hang
since the system is totalled at this point. Its not in line to save the
list over a meg of binary.

Beware that this is a crap photo, and won't compress further without
being unreadable.

www.shoka.free-online.co.uk/FedoraInstall.jpg

Yes its a text mode install, the hang is 100% reproducible over
maybe 20 tries and that included all the "noanythings" that I found
in the faq's or on the list.

Since the system was running RH9 before, and runs FC1 now
the issue is not fundamental incompatability with Linux.

Its a bigish, modern, complicated system however

If your hang is similar, perhaps we have a common cause.

Harry