FC1 Hanging on install

M.Hockings veeshooter at hockings.net
Tue Dec 16 01:22:24 UTC 2003

Harry Moyes wrote:

>On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 21:17, M.Hockings wrote:
>

>>Well, at least I'm not alone at this.  I have found that RH8 installer
>>runs just fine.  It's still not apparent to me why FC1 is stopping,
>>there are no errors issued (that I can see).
>>

>Quote from my earlier post. I took a photo of the screen at the hang
>since the system is totalled at this point. Its not in line to save the
>list over a meg of binary.
>
>Beware that this is a crap photo, and won't compress further without
>being unreadable.
>
>www.shoka.free-online.co.uk/FedoraInstall.jpg
>
>Yes its a text mode install, the hang is 100% reproducible over
>maybe 20 tries and that included all the "noanythings" that I found
>in the faq's or on the list.
>
>Since the system was running RH9 before, and runs FC1 now
>the issue is not fundamental incompatability with Linux.
>
>Its a bigish, modern, complicated system however
>
>If your hang is similar, perhaps we have a common cause.
>
>Harry

Hi Harry,

In my case it was hanging with a blue screen that says "Fedora Core
release 1" in the upper left in yellow  and has some key def's along the
bottom in white.  This screen is what is left after you click cancel
from the CD check dialogue.  In the good case it should get pushed up as
Anaconda runs, in my case it would just sit there and after a while the
CD spins down and after longer the HD spins down.  I found that the text
mode install would get past the hang point.

Kind regards,

Mike