aic7xxx hangs on install

Danny Yee danny at anatomy.usyd.edu.au
Tue Dec 16 01:46:48 UTC 2003

I have a couple of systems where the FC1 install hangs loading the
aic7xxx driver...

The annoying thing is that I don't actually need the aic7xxx driver
loaded for the install (all that's on that controller is a tape
drive) -- but I haven't worked out how to disable it for the install.
Any advice?

[I had a similar problem with RedHat 9, which I got around by doing
an incremental RPM upgrade and the aic7xxx driver worked perfectly one
the system was all installed.  Any idea what would cause a SCSI driver
module to hang the installer, when it works fine once installed?]

Danny Yee
Computer Network Manager
Department of Anatomy and Histology
University of Sydney