Mail server HOWTO

Rodolfo J. Paiz rpaiz at simpaticus.com
Tue Dec 16 18:26:48 UTC 2003

At 11:37 12/16/2003, you wrote:
>FWIW, I installed qmail (+ a bunch of helpers, vpopmail, vqmailadmin,
>etc.) following the instructions at www.qmailrocks.org while under RH9.
>It has worked well and continues to after upgrading to FC1.

         1. qmail is not included with Red Hat or Fedora systems. I have
derived a great deal of benefit (both personally and financially) by using
Red Hat Linux operating systems and software they provide, and I prefer to
document that which they provide to help them grow their userbase.

         2. I used and grew to despise qmail. Unfriendly, inhospitable,
annoying piece of ... never mind. I refuse to use it any more, and will
certainly not recommend it or document it.

         3. I philosophically and emphatically disagree with djb and
qmail's design philosophies.

         4. The software is not all it's cracked up to be. Several holes,
problems, and deficiencies.

I respect your opinion and preference. The above is just a short summary of
mine.

--
Rodolfo J. Paiz
rpaiz at simpaticus.com