CDROM mount issues

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Tue Dec 16 20:02:40 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-16 at 14:47, Michael Bay wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-12-15 at 13:54, Michael Bay wrote:
(psst! ... no need to quote my signature!) <G>

>  No it is not a blank CD.
> I have tried several CDs pressed and burned and have the same issue as
> previously mentioned; I am having a intermitent issue with my cdrom
Since you say it's intermittent, I suspect that it
might be something as "trivial" as bad connections.
Have your checked the system to ensure that the cables
are not loose? Sometimes heat buildup can be a factor
in causing expansion cards and connections to loosen
after a while.

Another possiblity may be that the particular hardware
needs DMA to be enabled. In Fedora Core, it is *disabled*
be default. If you look through the list archives, you
will see discussions on how to re-enable DMA.

Sorry I cannot be of further help, but someone more
skilled than I might get you the solution.

HTH,

Elton ;-)
"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.Public