About: Username with DOT

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Wed Dec 17 03:07:59 UTC 2003

Magic Wu wrote:

>Dear All:
>Why Fedora add user account can't include DOT?
>Has some program not support?
>
>Magic Wu
>Best Regards

I take it that you are referring to user.lastname as an account name
instead of user_Lastname as an account name.

There was discussion about the dot in the username. I guess you can edit
some files which deal with accounts. Check the archives for the
fedora-test-list.

I hope someone can help you. I wasn't too interested in the subject, but
passively read it.

Good luck,

Jim

PS - Posting in HTML messes up a lot of text based email clients. Some
delete html messages and your pool of possible helpful people drop off
considerably.