is this the proper prelink update?

Elton Woo elwoo at videotron.ca
Wed Dec 17 04:50:11 UTC 2003

William Hooper wrote:

>Elton Woo  said:
>

>>Prelink-0.3.0-16.sel.i386 is the name of the file which I downloaded
>>from one of th Fedora sites, but I'm not sure this the correct one
>>that I want.
>>

>If I had to make a WAG, I would guess that it is a prelink with SELinux
>(one of the goals for FC 2 according to
>http://fedora.redhat.com/participate/schedule/).  I'm going to guess it
>came out of Development (aka Rawhide) even though the current version is
>prelink-0.3.0-17.i386.rpm.  You can check the changelog and see if it has

My current version is 0.3.0-13. I don't understand how/ why up2date
hasn't given
me indication of the "current" version which you mention. One of the Red
Hatters
mentioned in a previous message / thread, that a newer prelink would be
available
on rawhide, and would have the blacklist option. (H+BDEV's Antivir
refuses to
run, once touched by prelink, hence my need for that option.

>That said, Rawhide is generally something you want to stay away from

Oh, no problem there ... I *am* aware of what rawhide entails, and have (in
the past done upgrades from there, whilst accepting the inherent risks.
Could
you kindly point me to where is version 0.3.0-17 ? It's most likely the
update
I need. I'm not too interested in rawhide packages for now...

Thanks,

Elton ;-)

"You only live once: let's make life BETTER for each other."
LINUX User #193975 [AMD ATHLON CPU] ICQ #149608718.