promise fastrack sata 150TX Driver disk

Dean Mumby dean at mumby.co.za
Wed Dec 17 13:06:36 UTC 2003

Hi All

I am becoming increasily frustrated by what seems to me to be something
easily solved.
I currently have RH9 installed on a SW875P1-E intel server Board.
I initially used the ft3xx disk provided by promise to install RH9 and then
compiled new
modules using the open source driver they provided to keep my system up2date
with new kernels.
This has worked fine.
 Now I sit in the same boat as I was at the beggining, trying to install FC
1.
I have installed the kernel-source from FC 1 and compiled the drivers for
kernel-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl
and kernel-smp-2.4.22-1.2115.nptl I installed both kernels on RH9 and tested
that the modules work.
I then tried to do the same for kernel-BOOT but each time when I try boot
using this kernel it tells me
the module was complied for either the UP or SMP kernels. even though I was
running 2.4.20-8BOOT when I complied the modules.

I want to reproduce the instalation disk provided by promise to use with FC
1 but from what I understand
I need the BOOT kernel module in order to have the sda array detected during
instalation.

If I create the modules.cgz without the BOOT module the instalation tells me
there is no hardware matching my disk.

If anyone has any links , ideas or modules please feel free to help a
struggling lad.

Regards
Dean