Mozilla stopped working

James Drabb JDrabb at darden.com
Wed Dec 17 14:48:17 UTC 2003

Hey group,

I am no longer able to run mozilla-1.5 or MozillaFirebird-0.7.  When I
try to run either one from a terminal, the command returns within on
second and no browser appears.  I removed the mozilla and firebird
RPM's, deleted ~/.mozilla and ~/.phoenix directories, though nothing
seems to work.

I started digging through the /usr/bin/mozilla script and I see that it
uses /usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/mozilla-xremote-client to start up mozilla.  I
made a change to the script to run /usr/lib/mozilla-1.5/mozilla-bin
directly and now mozilla starts for normal, non-root users.  However, I
am only able to start one instance of the browser doing things this way
or else I get the annoying profile-manager dialog.

The weird thing is that everything works fine if I start it as root.

Any clues how I can fix this for normal users?

I tried to search the mailing list, though the search seems to be down
at this time.  I get the following error from the search page:

Can't open template file '/etc/mnogosearch/search.htm'!

Thanks,

Jim Drabb
The box said: "Requires Windows 98/2000/XP/NT, or better."
So, I installed LINUX!
James Drabb JR
Senior Programmer Analyst
Darden Restaurants