Erreta support

Rich Reardon reardon at umn.edu
Wed Dec 17 20:16:02 UTC 2003

Bill Carlson wrote:

> You do realize that by definition Fedora is supposed to have a new Release
> twice a year or so? The EOL of each release would appear to be 2-3 months
> after the next release (ie EOL for FC1 will be 2-3 months after FC2 is
> released). EOL meaning no more errata/security fixes.
> So, if you're using Fedora, you should already be planning on updating at
> least every 6 months.

I'm confused about this errata change (in fact, the "core" notion).

What doesn't updating via the i386 rpms on the Fedora site, or up2date
(which apparently still works in Fedora) keep us current?
Is each new kernel incompatible with the previous version's apps?
--
"When it's not necessary to do something, it's becomes necessary NOT to
do it."

Rich Reardon
Video Producer, Digital Media Center
Room 212, Walter Library, 117 Pleasant St. SE
University of Minnesota
Minneapolis, MN 55455

reardon at umn.edu
Ph: 612-625-3486/Fax: 612-625-9302