Wireless profiles.

Kevin Old kold at kold.homelinux.com
Wed Dec 17 20:36:03 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 15:22, Anthony Best wrote:
> Maybe I'm doing something wrong, but I've been unable to get my wireless
> card to work with a profile for WEP, without WEP, and a profile with an
> SSID.
>
> I'm using neat, when I change the profile nothing seems to happen. I
> have to uncheck eth1WEP, check eth1 and activate eth1. Is there a
> simpler way of doing this, and even better a way do do this without
> entering the root password. So far running a script from the command
> line is easier.

I use QuickSwitch at quickswitch.sourceforge.net.  It's a perl script
that has a conf file that you can setup your network profiles you can
either execute it from the command line or by passing a variable during
boot up.  It works with wireless and hard wire connections.

HTH,
Kevin

--
Kevin Old <kold at kold.homelinux.com>