NO BOOT!!! NT loader

Ow Mun Heng ow.mun.heng at wdc.com
Thu Dec 18 02:53:36 UTC 2003

<snip off rest of content>

Hi,
	This is my little Howto for my own reference. (I usually write
simple howtos
to document how I did something in case I screw things up and don't know how
I did
it in the 1st place. & I do a lot of (both of) those :)

I'm using XP+Linux using NT Bootloader + bootpart to load Linux/Grub.

I hope this attachment goes through.. Else, please mail me off-line

Gist of it..

Install XP
Install Linux
MBR of Linux is into Root of Linux Disc. For you I think it's /dev/hdb
(/dev/hda is XP and that's where NT Loader resides)
Boot into XP
go to CMD.exe prompt, run bootpart

Determine where is your Linux Partition (/dev/hdb)

do a 	->
Bootpart 1  Bootlinx.bin Linux
	(Where 1 = partition number of the /dev/hdb or the MBR of Linux)
	( Bootlinx.bin = The Bootsector of the LInux partition)
	(Linux = The name to put into Boot.ini)

Reboot, you should see the Name Linux as an option in NT Loader.

Select Linux -> (will go to ) Grub -> Linux

Done.
PS : Personally, I prefer using GRUB but again, I'm not too comfortable in
wiping
of NT Loader. *In Case* something untowards happen.

PS2 : Nice one about "The One Who Must Be Obeyed".. I have one of those
too..
Mine's Serial # is 22341122444222-version2.rpm