resize, move and change partition layout

Emiliano Brunetti emiliano.brunetti at decitaly.org
Thu Dec 18 10:35:14 UTC 2003

Hi everybody,

i am running FC1 since a while, i am quite happy about it and now i'd
like to use it as my only os.

However, when i first installed FC1 it was just a test install, and now
i'd really appreciate some info about how to change the partition layout
in order to totally eradicate my old windows crap (that doesn't boot
since some years though) and to get a better/more intelligent partition
layout.

So, what can i use for this task?

At the moment i don't have a specific partition for /home, and i'd like
to have one. How can i make sure that if i create one and move all data
everything will work again? I tried some months ago to do something like
this but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot

E.