SSH

Nalin Dahyabhai nalin at redhat.com
Thu Dec 18 19:32:25 UTC 2003

On Thu, Dec 18, 2003 at 02:13:17PM -0500, Mike Gray wrote:
> 	Both /etc/hosts.deny and /etc/hosts.allow are empty, on both machine.
> That was the first place that I look into.

Good!  To get more information on why the server closes the connection,
you'll need to run sshd in debug mode by stopping the listening copy and
running it on the command line with the "-d" flag.  You'll get
diagnostic messages similar to what you got from "ssh -v", and one of
them should indicate why the connection's being closed.

HTH,

Nalin