Newbie: How to upgrade from Red Hat 9 to Fedora from hard disk

Ghod ghod at erols.com
Thu Dec 18 21:48:51 UTC 2003

I sure hope your not talking about the .iso images
A) If you are. first you need to BURN them to CD
     not install from a hard drive.

B) If you really want to upgrade from a HD think about DLing the actual
files, or even better, doing       it with several other methods that
were intended as upgrade paths..

C) Once fedora is either installed or upgraded to, the programs in
question can or will be up-to-date already. Try the up2date util to
check or do the acutal upgrade, just like you did in RH9.