IMAP vs Pop3

Peter Kiem zordah at zordah.net
Fri Dec 19 02:36:34 UTC 2003

Hi,

> Can you do select, drag and drop ?? eg.. as in an IMAP specific
> folder in Outlook containing all the mails in the Linux Server?

Yes I can drag and drop between the Exchange folders and the Linux IMAP
folders.  Works both directions.

> Delete what I don't want. Select what I want, drag and drop to
> my outlook folder in my Desktop HD??

Should work yes.

> I want all the emails DLed. I just find it to be slow..

Even the ones you don't read?

> as mentioned.. 100+ emails take like 1+hours to DL to
> the Desktop.

Sounds like more of a link speed issue than a protocol one.

> so.. is IMAP the solution??

I think IMAP gives you better control over the mail but not necessarily
faster unless you, as I mentioned before, flag a heap of messages to be
deleted without reading them.

--
Regards,
       My current spamtrap address is est1203 at zordah.net