Sendmail not rewriting the domain of the sender.

Brian Fahrlander Brian at Fahrlander.net
Fri Dec 19 05:34:41 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 22:37, Ian P. Thomas wrote:
> I have the following lines in my sendmail.mc file:
>
> FEATURE('always_add_domain')dnl
> FEATURE('masquerade_entire_domain')dnl
> FEATURE('masquerade_envelope')dnl
> FEATURE('allmasquerade')dnl
> MASQUERADE_AS(`domain.org')dnl
> MASQUERADE_DOMAIN('domain.org')dnl
>
> This should perform the following
>
> 	me at host.domain.org  -> me at domain.org
>
> It is, as of now, leaving the address as
>
> 	me at host.domain.org
>
> I've run
>
> 	/etc/init.d/sendmail restart
>
> after making the changes, with the same results. Is
> there another option I'm missing here?

    Is there a "Cwdomain.org" at the bottom of sendmail.mc?

Brian Fahrländer                 Researcher, Conservative, and Technomad
Evansville, IN                                     http://Fahrlander.net
ICQ  5119262              Microsoft never invented email; that was Unix.