Dual Head problems.

Naoki naoki at valuecommerce.com
Fri Dec 19 07:23:59 UTC 2003

Having problems with the nvidia driver and 2.6 kernel. Think I'll forget
about it for the time being.  I never need 3D anyway so I'm not fussed.

But any ideas how to make it work with the standard 'nv' driver?

So far I've got the screen working ( displaying rubbish ) but it's
totally corrupt.
I've checked the rates in my XF86Config and they look ok compared to the
specs.

Anybody see a problem here :

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor0"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "AD-AA19Z"
        DisplaySize  390        290
        HorizSync    30.0 - 64.0
        VertRefresh  56.0 - 60.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
        Identifier   "Monitor1"
        VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
        ModelName    "LCD Panel 1280x1024"
        HorizSync    31.5 - 67.5
        VertRefresh  60.0 - 75.0
        Option      "dpms"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard0"
        Driver      "nv"
        VendorName  "Videocard vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA Quadro 4 (generic)"
EndSection

Section "Device"
        Identifier  "Videocard1"
        Driver      "nv"
        VendorName  "Videocard Vendor"
        BoardName   "NVIDIA Quadro 4 (generic)"
        BusID       "PCI:1:0:0"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
        Identifier "Screen0"
        Device     "Videocard0"
        Monitor    "Monitor0"
        DefaultDepth     24
        SubSection "Display"
                Depth     24
                Modes    "1280x1024" "1280x960" "1024x768" "800x600"
"640x480"
        EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "Screen"