How to Upgrade Fedora 0.95(beta3) to FC1?

mark at harddata.com mark at harddata.com
Fri Dec 19 11:50:37 UTC 2003

> Hi,
>     I'm trying to find out the best approach to upgrade my Fedora beta 3
> machine to Fedora Core 1 without breaking too much.  The machine is
> running right now and I have installed a few apps that are not part of
> the Fedora packages.
>
>     Will upgrading from the cds be ok?

It should work but I am not sure if this is the best method.

>     Will I have to try and match all the programs that I installed from
> the
> previous custom install?

I not sure, it's been sometime since I actually did a version update with
the CDs. I usually just backup/keep my home directory/partition and
reinstall.

>     Or is it possible to do something via the Apt-Get thingy?

Personally I would try "yum update". Just start by downloading the newest
stable yum rpm from a fedora core mirror and use that to update.