2.6 kernel messages about usb??

Brian Millett bpm at ec-group.com
Fri Dec 19 13:07:11 UTC 2003

On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 16:24, Tom 'spot' Callaway wrote:
> On Thu, 2003-12-18 at 15:37, Brian Millett wrote:
> > Hello, I've installed the 2.6 kernel rpms on a Sun V60x from
> > http://people.redhat.com/arjanv/2.5/RPMS.kernel and now when I boot, I
> > get messages about keybdev, mousedev, and usb_uhci modules not found.
>
> Add this line to /etc/modprobe.conf:
>
> alias usb-controller uhci-hcd
>
> Then, ignore the keybdev/mousedev noise. Initscripts just hasn't been
> updated for 2.6 yet.
Ok, but in the kernel I downloaded from arjany, there is not a file, or
module called uhci-hcd.  If I do an insmod , I get:

insmod: can't read 'uhci-hcd': No such file or directory

, so can I assume that that kernel did not have it compiled into the
kernel?

Thanks Tom.

--
Brian Millett  -  Technologist Rex
"That is a direct order from the Grey Council. You will obey it, as you