Newbie: How to upgrade from Red Hat 9 to Fedora from hard dis k

Price, Jason Jason.Price at thomson.com
Fri Dec 19 21:59:43 UTC 2003

Okay, maybe I didn't entirely figure it out...  :)  I'm new at all this, so
bear with me...

I got the system booting off the bootdisk.img file on the HD, but when I try
to install from the HD, it tells me it's "unable to find any devices of that
type", and asks me to install drivers.  Without a working floppy or cdrom,
this is proving difficult.

Couple questions for you all:

1)  If it can read the /boot/fedora directory, why can't it figure out how
to access the disk otherwise?
2)  Can I somehow compile the proper driver (aic7xxx) into the kernel
extracted from bootdisk.img?

Thanks.