libc5

Mark Lane mark at harddata.com
Fri Dec 19 23:52:06 UTC 2003

On Fri, 2003-12-19 at 16:40, GhosT wrote:
> I was trying to install netscape on my FC1 my it depends on libc5 which was
> unavaible in the repositorie I was using, I mailed them, and got the answer
> saying that libc5 was no longer provided for RH8, RH9 or FC1.....I would like
> to know if there is a substitute, or some work around for that.....thx in
> advance....

I assume that since it requires libc5 that you are looking at Netscape
4.*.

PLD has a SRPM for Netscape 4.79

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/PLD/dists/ra/PLD/SRPMS/SRPMS/netscape-4.79-4.src.html

It requires a libstdc++-compat

http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/PLD/dists/ra/PLD/SRPMS/SRPMS/libstdc++-compat-1.0-6.src.html

Now why you want to run such an old version of Netscape is beyond me.

regards,
Mark Lane, CET	mailto:mark at harddata.com
Hard Data Ltd.	http://www.harddata.com
T: 01-780-456-9771 	F: 01-780-456-9772
11060 - 166 Avenue Edmonton, AB, Canada, T5X 1Y3
--> Ask me about our Excellent 1U Systems! <--