Iptables

Alex White prata at ghostlike.homelinux.org
Sat Dec 20 19:05:55 UTC 2003

"Christopher K. Johnson" <ckjohnson at gwi.net> wrote:

>>>On Saturday 20 December 2003 12:08, Alex White wrote:

>>>After changing the driver of my ethernet card my problem
>>>was solved.
>>>Marcel
>>>

>>What kind of ethernet cards are the two eth0s?  There have
>been issues...

>Chris Johnson, RHCE #807000448202021

Okay, in the ghostlike machine, eth0 is a Network Everywhere
Fast Ethernet 10/100 model NC100:
eth0: ADMtek Comet rev 17 at....

eth1: eth1: VIA VT6102 Rhine-II at....

On the etheric machine (machine behind ghostlike):
 eth0: D-Link DFE-538TX (RealTek RTL8139) at....

As a bit more information seems necessary, let me point out
that I did disable kudzu several hours ago before I posted
this problem, because after a reboot (much to my dismay mind
you) kudzu decided to redetect my ethernet cards on
ghostlike. Rather than remove my eth0 and eth1 (probably my
own fault for that) it assigned them to eth2 and eth3
respectively and chose the wrong driver for eth2/eth0.
The card still works but this may be part of my problem.
Right now I am going to try to get that resolved real quick
and then send you my results.

A few days ago I had to remove a tulip card from the machine
(and replaced it with the new eth0 card) because there were
errors showing up on the card in ifconfig the error number
was like 32584, once I replaced the card the errors on eth0
and ppp0 went away.

HTH