New Install

Krikket krikket at gothpoodle.com
Sun Dec 21 10:14:37 UTC 2003

On Sun, 21 Dec 2003, Pavel Vaviline wrote:

> В Вск, 21.12.2003, в 06:43, Krikket пишет:
> > 2>  Keyboard layout.  I'm not going to bother with the SuSE method.  What
> > I'm trying to do is to be able to change keyboards from a US English
> > keyboard layout to a Russian (Cyrillic) keyboard layout.  I've discovered
> > by right clicking on the bottom task bar in Gnome, I've been able to add a
> > "kayboard layout" tool, and even set [Alt-Right Shift] to switch between
> > the virtual keyboards.  Unfortunately, this doesn't actually change the
> > keyboard layout.  I'm still getting letters from the English alphabet.
> >
> > 2a>  Is there a way of setting up a phonetic Cyrillic keyboard?
>
> Visit redhat-fedora forum at http://linuxshop.ru to resolve cyrillic
> problem.

Thanks for the pointer, but as I don't speak Russian (yet) it doesn't do
me much good...  I've been hoping to find some instuctions in English...

(I'm in the process of learning the language, but need the character sets
when it comes to using the few words I do know.  Particularly when IMing
with folks in the FSU.  For example, if I fina a word that I'm unsure of
the meaning, I can just ask someone what X means...)

Krikket