Arjan 2.6 kernel soundcard problems

Jim Cornette jim-cornette at insight.rr.com
Mon Dec 22 01:59:34 UTC 2003

Tim Kossack wrote:

>just installed the latest arjan-kernel which works just fine, except
>after booting the volume comtrol in the taskbar says "no audio device"
>and the big mixer won't start either. after running the
>audio-device-test and removing and readdition of the vc in the taskbar
>sound is working fine. anyone knows how to fix this, because after ever
>reboot i've to do the same steps again...

Sort of a me too. I run redhat-config-soundcard after boot and it
detects the card. The mixer then works. The toolbar applet does not work
though.

I never tried audio-device-test though. This is true with Dave's
development version as with Arjan's 2.6 version.

Jim

--
You should emulate your heros, but don't carry it too far.  Especially
if they are dead.