PERL or PYTHON?

Chris A Czerwinski chrisczerwinski at cogeco.ca
Mon Dec 22 16:40:51 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-12-20 at 20:36, A.J. Bonnema wrote:
> Chris A Czerwinski wrote:
> > If I was to start learning a Scripting Language today,
> > which should I attempt to learn first -
> >
> > PERL? or PYTHON?
> >
> > especially in regard to Fedora / Red Hat or
> > Linux for that matter? and the future?
> >
> > YUM / RPM / APT-GET is written in which format?
> >
> > Newbie Chris Cz
>
> Hi Chris,
>
> Could you please *not* hijack the thread? Don't reply to a message and
> change the subject: that way your mail gets to be part of an existing
> thread and gets buried in the one you hijacked. This has 2 effects:
>
> 1. The people reading the original thread get to read unrelated stuff ;-((
> 2. The people interested in your question/replies might delete it,
> because they are not interested in the thread you hijacked.
>
> So, please compose a new message and address it to the list.
>
> Guus.

Hi Guus,,

Sorry.

Just by cleaning out the original text and addresses and everything that
is seen is not the way to do it. Also, do you mean that there are still
hidden headers in the original message that are retained and direct the
message? and that's how and why it's considered hijack(ed)?!?

A little more knowledge and you find that there are more questions
and still need to know more!

In the future I will start an original and new message
rather then cleaning and deleting the contents of an old message.

Chris Cz