yum and digital signatures

Rick Stevens rstevens at vitalstream.com
Tue Dec 23 01:25:29 UTC 2003

Todd A. Jacobs wrote:
> I've looked into the man pages, but I can't find anything related to yum
> and GPG signatures. I know that up2date will verify GPG signatures before
> attempting an install. Can yum be configured to do the same?

It's in the /etc/yum.conf file, as the "gpgcheck" option under each
"[server]" section.  For example, I have:

     [base]
     name= Fedora Core $releasever - $basearch  - Base
     baseurl=http://fedora.redhat.com/releases/fedora-core-$releasever
     gpgcheck=1

to force GPG checks on the base system.
-      A day for firm decisions!!!   Well, then again, maybe not!    -