Problems with named in Fedora Core-1

Ben Stringer ben at burbong.com
Tue Dec 23 10:49:47 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-12-23 at 19:35, Hong Siew wrote:
> Ok, very interesting, looks like it has not even tried opening the zone file
> at all. Named has trouble locating libdns.cat, libisc.cat, libdst.cat,
> libisccc.cat and .nscd-socket files. How can I fix this... my knowledge is
> as far as an administrator goes...

This seems a good reference.

http://www.linuxsecurity.com/docs/LDP/Chroot-BIND-HOWTO-2.html

It points out that you do need some <chroot>/dev nodes, such as
/dev/null and /dev/random. Also, if you start bind with a login name
(named) rather than an id (25), perhaps it needs a local passwd file.
I'd go with just specifying an id.

There is also the manual included with the bind package, but you seem to
have done everything it recommends.

file:///usr/share/doc/bind-9.2.2.P3/arm/Bv9ARM.ch07.html#AEN4239

Good luck!

Cheers, Ben
--
.O.    Ben Stringer