Subject:Multi-boot system advice

Colin Charles linux at bytebot.net
Wed Dec 24 09:49:46 UTC 2003

On Wed, 2003-12-10 at 03:52, Ow Mun Heng wrote:

> Unless of course you enabled experimental NTFS Write support in the kernel
> or ued "captive" which I heard can write to ntfs drives.. (using native ntfs
> drivers.. I've not tried it.. cause I'm paranoid but you can check it out if
> you want)

NTFS read and write support generally works. It's been quite a while
since an NTFS write has caused damage. In fact, even Mandrake and SuSe
(iirc) use NTFS write when it comes to partitioning drives during
installation.

And yes, captive (http://www.jankratochvil.net/project/captive/) uses
Windows tools directly to make things work really well. Haven't used
this.

So, I can attest to ntfs read/write to work[1].

[1] - Of course, I don't have anything I care about on the play ntfs
partition :)
Colin Charles, byte at aeon.com.my
http://www.bytebot.net/